When people hear I am an Atheist I regularly get hit with a whole laundry list of arguments for the existence of God. Typically this is the Christian God which people are attempting to assert exists.
However with even the most devout Theist the argument they attempt to use is not a Theistic one at all but a Deistic one. This really shows me that they do not grasp even the most basic aspect of what they are professing to believe.
This ignorance regarding the subject matter isn’t something I hold against them but one that I do point out in my refuting of their so called compelling evidence / argument for their God. What it really boils down to with most people is their God is a figment of their own imagination. This is why their God always approves of whatever fucked up bullshit they personally want to do. While being against anything they don’t like.
This is really nothing more then trying to impose your ideas / values / perceptions on others by calling it God and not being honest and saying it is what You think. It is also intellectually dishonest as hell to try and assert the existence of something to which you have no logical or even probable reason for concluding such even exists. So what if You think it does. Why should that mean a damn thing to me? You may think smoking Pot is a great past time even though all companies worth a damn any more do random drug tests and doing that shit can directly impact your job / income & subsequently your entire life.
Here are a list of the most common arguments for the existence of God and why each one of them Fails.
1. The Fine Tuned Aspect of the Universe – This is a Classic example of a Logical Fallacy. This argument is drawing the conclusion that a God exists on the fact that the Universe exists and that life in the Universe exists. Just because the Universe & Life exist doesn’t mean there is an automatic win for the existence of a God. Especially when you want to assert as all Christians, Muslims & Jews do that their God Personally takes an interest in their lives and their behaviors.
2. The Earth being the Perfect Distance from the Sun – This is yet another example of the same type of Logical Fallacy as the first. Just because Life exists doesn’t magically mean your invisible friend exists. The attempts to try and defend these Classic Logical Fallacies always have the Theist trying to use Deistic arguments not realizing that even if a Deistic God would be proven true that this wouldn’t advance their claim of a personal God at all.
3. The Atheist can’t Prove God doesn’t exist so this means God Exists – This is one Atheists hear a lot and it has to be among the absolute dumbest reasons to believe in God. This argument is showing that the person doesn’t grasp who has the burden of proof. If I assert that I can Fly or Walk on Water yet offer no evidence to support this claim then you are not required to accept my assertion just because I said it. It is the one making the assertion that something exists or that they can do something to prove their statements are true.
After all I could say to you that, “You are not watching me every second of everyday so how do you know I don’t fly or walk on water when you are not watching me?” This would be no different then the Christians assertion that, “You don’t know what exists in All of the Universe so you can’t say God doesn’t exist.”
Without a reason / evidence to believe a claim is true there is no reason to assume it is. So it is logical to say that such doesn’t exist or is impossible until evidence is presented to show otherwise.
4. Even if Aliens Genetically Manipulated Life on this planet to bring about Humans who made the Aliens – This argument is one I hear a lot because of what I point out with the Sumerians. However this is completely irrelevant on multiple levels.
A. These same people will try to point to either the Bible or Jesus and both are completely dependent upon the basis of the Sumerian epic of creation as well as influences from the Egyptians as well as other cultures.
B. The question of how an Alien race came into being is something we can’t answer since we do not know where their Planet is or what their History is. It also has no bearing on the subject of a God unless they could show Evidence for their God creating the Alien.
C. These same people will buy into the we were made in God’s image idea. If this would be true and Aliens Genetically Manipulated us then Logically your God is that Alien race not some force that is behind the Universe or The Aliens creator.
5. The Force Behind the Universe Claim – This one is popular now because of Quantum Physics however this doesn’t help Theism at all. This is strictly a Deistic idea and one that a Theist has no place even attempting to use.
This one is also invalid because even if some Force or Cosmic Source would exist this wouldn’t mean that it would give a Damn about You, Me or Anyone let alone what behaviors we have or Sexual Lifestyle we enjoy. Additionally a Force or Cosmic Source wouldn’t even be what we would consider to be a Lifeform so the idea that it is a God thing is stretching the idea of a God to an absurd degree.
6. The idea that to believe God exists and find out there isn’t one is better then not believing in God and finding out God exists – This is the Pascal’s Wager argument. Of all of the examples of Christian Stupidity this one has to take the cake. I realize Christians don’t like to be told they are stupid but this argument is so damn dumb I can’t help it.
The Reasons Pascal’s Wager Fails are:
A. This is assuming the odds are just 50/50. Either there is a God or there isn’t. However this is simply not the case. There have been over 4,000 Gods worshiped in Human History. Which means the Odds of being right just from the number of Gods alone are over 4,000 to 1.
B. This is also completely ignoring the All Knowing idea regarding the Christian God. If that God is real and is All Knowing then it would know you are simply trying to fain belief in order to save your own selfish ass.
C. You can’t simply Believe something just because someone says it. If this were possible then people would honestly believe in Invisible, Magical, Flying Blue Smurfs just because someone says they exist.
This also ties in with the Question I had asked of If you believe in God why don’t you believe in Odin, Zeus, Thor, Etc. The answer I got was word for word for what the Atheist says about the Christian God as well as all Gods. “Because there is no evidence any of them actually exist.”
D. If the only reason you are good is to try and avoid some afterlife location that is not Moral or Noble that is simply Sucking up. Your Entire Motivation behind why you act as you do would also be known to an All Knowing God.
E. If the God is All Knowing and created some for Damnation & some for Glory (Romans 9:21 – 23) then the choices you think you are making are really not anything this All Knowing God wouldn’t have known you would make. Which means your idea of having Freewill is actually an Illusion you have because You do not know the future. However Your lack of knowledge about the future doesn’t magically mean that you have Freewill if there is something which does know the Future.
The Bible is no more Evidence of any God then Superman Comics are evidence of Superman. You can’t use that which is making the claim as evidence for the existence of that which is claimed.
8. If there is anything that the Atheist / Science can’t explain then that means God did it – This is called a God of the Gaps mindset and one that is a very slippery slope to try and base your God on because the more we learn through science the less room there is for your God.
9. Nothing can come from Nothing / Something can’t come from Nothing so this means God Exists – This is not a Math issue this is simply an argument from Ignorance.
After all if you believe a God exists at all then that means this God is by definition “Something” which means that what you are calling God can’t have come from Nothing. By the same token if we are so complex as to require a creator then the God which is more complex then we are would also have to have a Creator which raises the question who made your God?
Simply put this means your God had to have a Creator and that Creator had to have a Creator and so on infinitely. After all Something can’t come from Nothing.
After all if you go by Quantum Physics what we call nothing isn’t really Nothing but Infinite Quantum Potential. The idea brought forward in M Theory makes far more sense then the whole God notion. That being that there are an Infinite number of Universe bubbles and when two touch they make a Third Universe. Since we do not know how many Universe Bubbles there are it is impossible to say how many exist which can’t support life at all.
Tags: Aliens, Atheism, Atheist, Belief, Bible, Catholic, Christianity, Evidence, Faith, Fantasies, God, Islam, Jesus, Logic, Metaphysics, Proof, Quantum Physics, Reality, Reason, Religion, Source, Universe
Since the most popular post for me so far has been my follow-up to the 10 questions I want to see how this one goes. These questions by their very nature are much deeper in thought.
The purpose of these questions is to provoke you to thinking on a deeper level. Perhaps on a deeper level then you have ever thought before. I realize the religious will try to answer these from the mindset of their religious beliefs. However they are phrased in a way as to make quoting from a bible or a so-called holy book difficult if not impossible.
Just saying well the bible says so is really not an answer. The reason the bible says so is not an answer is no Christian, Muslim or Jew would accept, “Well this is what the Sumerians or Egyptians wrote so that proves it is true.”
Since no Christian would accept as fact the claims of another religion because it is what their book says then you can’t use that as evidence for what you believe. To try to do this is trying to have a double standard. While you may like your double standard because it benefits you there is no logical reason why anyone else should like your double standard.
If you as a Christian, Muslim or Jew want to use your so-called holy book as evidence then you must first provide reasons why that holy book is reliable evidence. It is important to realize Circular Reasoning doesn’t prove your claim. Here is an example of Circular reasoning.
1. How did the Universe come into being? (Be as Specific as Possible)
2. How did Life on this Planet begin? (Be as Specific as Possible)
3. How did Human Life begin? (Be as Specific as Possible)
4. Do you accept the possibility of Aliens having been on Earth in the Ancient world?
5. Define as clearly as you can what you believe God would be like. What makes something a God?
6. What matters most in life the beliefs people have about a God or how they treat each other & live their life?
7. Since Life is not based on All or Nothing why should an afterlife be based on All or Nothing? (For Atheists Assume for the moment an afterlife does exist)
8. Do you accept the idea presented by Quantum Physics of Multiple Dimensions? That there are 10+ Dimensions?
9. Is there anything someone could say that would convince you their religion or lack there of is true?
10. Why should anyone believe in your religion or lack there of?
Bonus Question: What is the Meaning of Life? Not just your personal life but all life.
This last is completely subjective and is intended only to get you to think about the grand picture of life.
Tags: Afterlife, Aliens, Atheism, Atheist, Belief, Bible, Catholic, Christianity, Consciousness, Dimension, Dimensions, Evidence, Faith, Fantasies, God, Islam, Jesus, Logic, Metaphysics, Proof, Quantum Physics, Reality, Reason, Religion, Source, String Theory, Universe
Back when I was in my 20’s I had a thought enter my mind that simply made no logical sense to me. I knew this wasn’t something that was just a random thought in my head because every part of my logical mind was immediately at war with it. That thought was simply this, “Good and Evil are aspects of this realm only.”
Regardless of if you are religious or not this idea seems to be completely at odds with everything we are conditioned from birth to think. However think about this for a moment. The biggest mistake I was making that I bet everyone will as soon as they see this is I tried to make sense of it from the basis of my experiences. As we do everything in life. However from within this realm or dimension of existence Good & Evil are very real things. It isn’t that this is impossible for us to prove true or false but it is something that to prove it requires another piece of the cosmic puzzle. That piece being Vibration.
Since I couldn’t make sense in my own head how, “Good & Evil are aspects of this realm only” I wasn’t going to go talking about this to anyone. I simply stored it in the back of my head along with all the other things that are not really useful in life. You know those interesting but really pointless facts that we run into in life.
It was about a year ago the idea came to my mind about vibration and human emotions. I did some research into this and made an interesting discovery. That being that our Emotions change the rate at which we are vibrating. The idea that we are always vibrating or that all matter vibrates all the time is something I didn’t realize.
However just the thought of emotion & vibration brought about some very interesting findings. One of them being the Musical scale is not something that was invented but more discovered. The musical scale didn’t magically come into being when we realized what it was. Like electricity it was simply always here we just were too stupid to realize for a long time.
The same is true with vibration. Quantum Physics has proven to us that we are Vibrational beings living in a Vibrational Universe. Everything in the Universe from the smallest Quark to the largest structure is in a constant state of vibration. Vibration is what can cause crystal to shatter.
Unlike non living matter that vibrates at a constant rate our vibration changes as our emotions and mood change. If someone has negative thoughts what they will attract is negative. Like Attracts like. The opposite is also true if someone is positive they will attract things that are positive.
I am sure you have heard the expression, “You’re bringing me down.” This is said to someone who is being negative to someone who is positive. The Negative mood / thoughts of others causes them to vibrate at a slower rate. When you are around someone the rate at which they are vibrating will effect you. This can be why some con artists / cult leaders are able to win people’s confidence.
It isn’t that what they are attempting to do is positive but their thoughts and focus is on a positive, albeit fantasy / impossible outcome. The con artist must for the period of time that they are trying to deceive someone really believe what they are saying and be acting in a positive manner. If someone knows they are full of shit and just tries to push on to get the sale or do the scam their own doubts or negative thoughts on it will directly impact what other people pick up from them.
The saying if something sounds to good to be true it probably is. Can be a way to protect yourself from attempts to con you. Learning to control your own emotions will have very positive effects on your life. The biggest being a peaceful / relaxed frame of mind. The moments of Drama being in your life will radically cease replaced by feelings of peace and tranquility.
Meditation can be a very helpful means to learn how to control and focus your emotions. The way I learned to meditate is actually a bit strange because I hadn’t grown up around anyone that did this. I was raised around Christianity and Meditation is not something that is pushed or even mentioned. At least it wasn’t with me.
The First time I meditated I had felt directed by what I had termed the “Divine” to sit down outside. It was at night and everyone in my family was sleeping. I felt directed to close my eyes and just clear my thoughts.
I will admit getting my mind to stop random thoughts was difficult. I would be fine for a bit then a thought would come in and I’d have to just let it go. Over time this became easier. When I looked into Buddhism I came across the term, “Silencing the Mad Monkey of the Mind” I had liked this term because that is what the mind seems like at first. An Insane monkey that is determined to keep random thoughts going.
One thing about having to figure this shit out for yourself is it can take years before the next piece of the puzzle falls into place. The biggest break through actually came when a friend of mine suggested I meditate in his hot tub.
He matched the temperature of the hot tub to the 98.6 degrees of my body. Then I floated in the hot tub and just did the meditation like I normally would. Now I could hear the sound of the hot tub motor but that didn’t effect my meditation at all. I’d learned to tune out what amounts to white noise.
After a few minutes I heard a female voice ask me, “Why are you seeking us outside of you? We are in you, around you & part of you. You’re not separate from anything but one with it.”
Then when my head moved down slightly and I felt water touch my mouth I opened my eyes and sat up. My friend was there drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette. When he saw me he asked what it was like.
I told him what I heard and he had said that the experience is different for everyone. I asked how long I was motionless. To me it felt like a few minutes. He told me a half hour. I was stunned.
Even when I was talking to my friend and smoking a cigarette myself I still felt like some doors of perception in my mind were still open. It was the weirdest feeling I ever had. That actually lasted a few days after that night.
I’ve never been one that liked drugs. I had tried pot when I was a teenager and frankly hated it. It felt like my mind was caged and I just loathed that feeling. But what I felt from that hot tub experience was the exact opposite.
This was something I kept in the back of my mind not really sure if I wanted to talk about this in a public kind of way or not. But over the past few days I have felt nudged more and more to not responding with anger at the comments by Christians. I care about people a lot but the feeling has been one of, “This is serving no purpose. Let it go.”
I realize many may cling to the programming of religion and the fear. There is nothing I can do about that. Each person must choose their own path. Those who wish to focus on negativity will attract that to themself.
In writing this I had looked to see is this aspect of vibration actually supported by real science. My thought was not for the Christians, Muslims or Jews at all but the Atheists, Agnostics, Native Americans, Buddhists, etc. Those who would be open to things that can be proven with science to be real.
What I found is Yes there is real Science that supports this idea. I am going to give a few links but I also want to say one word of warning. While I can see the scientific aspects of this I have also gotten the whiff of some potential bullshit mixed in. As with everything I advise people to not accept anything on face value unless it can be proven.
I do understand the thought from in my 20’s of “Good & Evil are aspects of this realm only.” What it comes down to is this. Outside of this physical realm Good & Evil as we think of them do not exist. The higher dimensions of existence are about the positive. That anyone that is vibrating at a lower (Negative) rate has not evolved to the point of moving on. So they will simply reincarnate until they learn to not dwell on the negative.
Time means nothing to that which is beyond this existence. I can understand this may seem a bit mystical for some Atheists, Agnostics & Skeptics. The best thing I can say is test the parts of this that you can and see what results you get.
I would encourage anyone to try the hot tub test like I did. Don’t go in with any expectations just relax and clear your mind. You can also test for yourself what intentionally keeping your thoughts positive does for your life. The results I have gotten should be the same you get in this regard. Positive thoughts attract positive situations. The Atheist side of me will always push me to prove what I say.
Tags: Afterlife, Atheism, Atheist, Belief, Bible, Catholic, Christianity, Consciousness, Dimension, Dimensions, Evidence, Faith, God, Logic, Meditation, Metaphysics, Proof, Quantum Physics, Reality, Reason, Religion, Source
There are many types of Justification that Christians will try to use to excuse the concept of Hell. The most common one is asking, “Well doesn’t evil need to be punished?” Or Equating Hell to Prisons.
There are many reasons why this twisted type of logic fails. Here are the Top Ten reasons Hell as a Punishment Fails. Where is Paul Schaffer when ya need him?
Top 10 Reasons Hell as a Punishment Fails
10. The Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits the federal government from imposing cruel and unusual punishment for federal crimes. The amendment states, “Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishment inflicted.”
Are Humans better then a God?
9. Is the Lack of Belief now a Crime to Christians that they feel needs to be Punished just like Murder? – To say Hell is a Punishment yet one can (According to Christian Dogma) go to Hell for simply not believing (Thinking) Jesus was God! This is Classic Thought Crime!
8. Torture Teaches Nothing! – There is No Moral or Lesson behind the Torture of another person for any reason! In fact resorting to torture shows a complete lack of Morals & Ethics on the part of the Torturer!
7. Torture Changes Nothing! – While it is true that someone who is tortured will after a while say, “Anything” or Do “Anything” to get the torture to end. However if nothing can make it end then it is simply Sadism and Evil in its purest form!
6. Torture Proves Nothing! – Any “Punishment” that does not end is Not Punishment but only Sadism for the sake of Sadism!
5. You do not show that you are better than a Hitler by acting Just Like A Hitler! – You do not show Love by acting in an Unloving manner! This entire notion is what causes me to conclude that Christians & Muslims are without a doubt the Purest form of Evil this world has ever seen. You simply do not show that you have Morals by Praising behavior that is by its very nature absolutely Immoral!
4. Torture Destroys the Humanity of the Torturer!
“Three Marines in Mahmudiya used an electric transformer, forcing a detainee to ‘dance’ as the electricity coursed through him.”
International Committee of the Red Cross, February 2004
A former Iraqi general “died of asphyxiation after being stuffed head-first into a sleeping bag … at an American base in Al Asad.”
The New York Times, October 23, 2005
“Al-Qatani was forced to perform dog tricks on a leash, was straddled by a female interrogator, forced to dance with a male interrogator, told that his mother and sister were whores, forced to wear a woman’s bra and thong on his head during interrogation, and subjected to an unmuzzled dog to scare him.”
Newsweek, November 21, 2005
This says far More about the Evil nature of the Torturer then the one being Tortured! Only someone who is Pure Evil could Laugh at the suffering of another! Yet that is Exactly what the God Christians Worship & Praise does!
3. Torture Dehumanizes / Makes the person Subhuman – Christians regularly say, “What about someone who is Evil and will always be Evil.” Well Christians name for me One Person that was “Born Evil & was Always Evil?”
I would contend that No One is Born Evil despite the Dehumanizing nature of Christianity. No One is Born Guilty of the actions of anyone else! The manner in which a person behaves is directly related to the conditions they experience in their life or A Mental Illness they had from birth (Which Christians is not their Fault but Ultimately the Fault of Your God for Fucking Up and Not Magically Fixing the Mental Illness!)
2. The Doctrine of Salvation Undermines Any delusion of Justice! Here is a Video that shows just how Evil and Disgusting the concept of Salvation really is!
This is Not Justice! This doesn’t Teach Anything!
This is Just Scapegoating! And You Christians Praise and Worship This!
1. The Law of Vibration – Everything in the Universe is made up of Vibration. The source of vibration is what some have called God. However this is Not the God of the bible as the God of the bible clearly separates itself from anyone that doesn’t love it. Where as the real Source can’t be separate from anyone or anything because everyone and everything is part of the source.
This was proved in a very unethical experiment done a few years ago. This is disgusting but it does prove beyond a shadow of doubt that everything in this world is connected. Even though we are not consciously aware of it!
A mother rabbit was taken down into a submarine and one of its babies was kept in a laboratory thousands of miles away. The mother rabbit was hooked up to sophisticated equipment that measured the brain waves (brains rate of vibration measured in Hertz Hz) to determine her reaction to the upcoming experiment.
The scientists in the laboratory then killed the baby rabbit and observed the brain waves (Hz) of the mother rabbit which went absolutely haywire at precisely the same time even though they were thousands of miles apart!
We are really Vibrational Beings living in a Vibrational Universe. It is absolutely Impossible to separate the Source of all Vibration from anything that exists! Quantum Physics is doing far more to help us understand and connect with the Source of all that is then Religion ever dreamed to!
The Abrahamic God is fiction because it tries to separate itself from everything else. The idea that Christians go to of Hell is Separation from God. Simply put you are Stupid! That is not a personal attack that is simply stating the truth!
You are Stupid for thinking that the Source of all that is could be Separated from anything that is! This would be like you saying your Hand or Foot is Separate from you.
The idea of Oneness that is expressed in Buddhism is really what is going on in the Universe. While the Christian version of that is an abomination to true Oneness. Oneness with Source is Not something that only one person could have because of some bullshit divine linage. We Are All One! Collectively Linked to each other and to the Source through the Vibrational nature of existence!
The idea of Hell is Impossible because the Source of all that exists is not about hate towards any part of what is but unconditional love towards all that is. Unconditional means without Condition. This is why Religions that seek to make the path to God (Religious speak) something which you must do X, Y & Z in order to have it simply Fails!
They Fail to understand the true Essence of the Universe they live in and the Source of that! Life isn’t about Hate towards those that are Different from you but the Love of all despite the differences between you!
Tags: Afterlife, Atheism, Atheist, Belief, Bible, Catholic, Christianity, Consciousness, Dimension, Evidence, Faith, Fantasies, God, Heaven, Hell, Jesus, Logic, Metaphysics, Proof, Quantum Physics, Reality, Reason, Religion, Source, Universe