Weak Ass Arguments for the existence of God
Posted by mrgoodnkinky
When people hear I am an Atheist I regularly get hit with a whole laundry list of arguments for the existence of God. Typically this is the Christian God which people are attempting to assert exists.
However with even the most devout Theist the argument they attempt to use is not a Theistic one at all but a Deistic one. This really shows me that they do not grasp even the most basic aspect of what they are professing to believe.
This ignorance regarding the subject matter isn’t something I hold against them but one that I do point out in my refuting of their so called compelling evidence / argument for their God. What it really boils down to with most people is their God is a figment of their own imagination. This is why their God always approves of whatever fucked up bullshit they personally want to do. While being against anything they don’t like.
This is really nothing more then trying to impose your ideas / values / perceptions on others by calling it God and not being honest and saying it is what You think. It is also intellectually dishonest as hell to try and assert the existence of something to which you have no logical or even probable reason for concluding such even exists. So what if You think it does. Why should that mean a damn thing to me? You may think smoking Pot is a great past time even though all companies worth a damn any more do random drug tests and doing that shit can directly impact your job / income & subsequently your entire life.
Here are a list of the most common arguments for the existence of God and why each one of them Fails.
1. The Fine Tuned Aspect of the Universe – This is a Classic example of a Logical Fallacy. This argument is drawing the conclusion that a God exists on the fact that the Universe exists and that life in the Universe exists. Just because the Universe & Life exist doesn’t mean there is an automatic win for the existence of a God. Especially when you want to assert as all Christians, Muslims & Jews do that their God Personally takes an interest in their lives and their behaviors.
2. The Earth being the Perfect Distance from the Sun – This is yet another example of the same type of Logical Fallacy as the first. Just because Life exists doesn’t magically mean your invisible friend exists. The attempts to try and defend these Classic Logical Fallacies always have the Theist trying to use Deistic arguments not realizing that even if a Deistic God would be proven true that this wouldn’t advance their claim of a personal God at all.
3. The Atheist can’t Prove God doesn’t exist so this means God Exists – This is one Atheists hear a lot and it has to be among the absolute dumbest reasons to believe in God. This argument is showing that the person doesn’t grasp who has the burden of proof. If I assert that I can Fly or Walk on Water yet offer no evidence to support this claim then you are not required to accept my assertion just because I said it. It is the one making the assertion that something exists or that they can do something to prove their statements are true.
After all I could say to you that, “You are not watching me every second of everyday so how do you know I don’t fly or walk on water when you are not watching me?” This would be no different then the Christians assertion that, “You don’t know what exists in All of the Universe so you can’t say God doesn’t exist.”
Without a reason / evidence to believe a claim is true there is no reason to assume it is. So it is logical to say that such doesn’t exist or is impossible until evidence is presented to show otherwise.
4. Even if Aliens Genetically Manipulated Life on this planet to bring about Humans who made the Aliens – This argument is one I hear a lot because of what I point out with the Sumerians. However this is completely irrelevant on multiple levels.
A. These same people will try to point to either the Bible or Jesus and both are completely dependent upon the basis of the Sumerian epic of creation as well as influences from the Egyptians as well as other cultures.
B. The question of how an Alien race came into being is something we can’t answer since we do not know where their Planet is or what their History is. It also has no bearing on the subject of a God unless they could show Evidence for their God creating the Alien.
C. These same people will buy into the we were made in God’s image idea. If this would be true and Aliens Genetically Manipulated us then Logically your God is that Alien race not some force that is behind the Universe or The Aliens creator.
5. The Force Behind the Universe Claim – This one is popular now because of Quantum Physics however this doesn’t help Theism at all. This is strictly a Deistic idea and one that a Theist has no place even attempting to use.
This one is also invalid because even if some Force or Cosmic Source would exist this wouldn’t mean that it would give a Damn about You, Me or Anyone let alone what behaviors we have or Sexual Lifestyle we enjoy. Additionally a Force or Cosmic Source wouldn’t even be what we would consider to be a Lifeform so the idea that it is a God thing is stretching the idea of a God to an absurd degree.
6. The idea that to believe God exists and find out there isn’t one is better then not believing in God and finding out God exists – This is the Pascal’s Wager argument. Of all of the examples of Christian Stupidity this one has to take the cake. I realize Christians don’t like to be told they are stupid but this argument is so damn dumb I can’t help it.
The Reasons Pascal’s Wager Fails are:
A. This is assuming the odds are just 50/50. Either there is a God or there isn’t. However this is simply not the case. There have been over 4,000 Gods worshiped in Human History. Which means the Odds of being right just from the number of Gods alone are over 4,000 to 1.
B. This is also completely ignoring the All Knowing idea regarding the Christian God. If that God is real and is All Knowing then it would know you are simply trying to fain belief in order to save your own selfish ass.
C. You can’t simply Believe something just because someone says it. If this were possible then people would honestly believe in Invisible, Magical, Flying Blue Smurfs just because someone says they exist.
This also ties in with the Question I had asked of If you believe in God why don’t you believe in Odin, Zeus, Thor, Etc. The answer I got was word for word for what the Atheist says about the Christian God as well as all Gods. “Because there is no evidence any of them actually exist.”
D. If the only reason you are good is to try and avoid some afterlife location that is not Moral or Noble that is simply Sucking up. Your Entire Motivation behind why you act as you do would also be known to an All Knowing God.
E. If the God is All Knowing and created some for Damnation & some for Glory (Romans 9:21 – 23) then the choices you think you are making are really not anything this All Knowing God wouldn’t have known you would make. Which means your idea of having Freewill is actually an Illusion you have because You do not know the future. However Your lack of knowledge about the future doesn’t magically mean that you have Freewill if there is something which does know the Future.
The Bible is no more Evidence of any God then Superman Comics are evidence of Superman. You can’t use that which is making the claim as evidence for the existence of that which is claimed.
8. If there is anything that the Atheist / Science can’t explain then that means God did it – This is called a God of the Gaps mindset and one that is a very slippery slope to try and base your God on because the more we learn through science the less room there is for your God.
9. Nothing can come from Nothing / Something can’t come from Nothing so this means God Exists – This is not a Math issue this is simply an argument from Ignorance.
After all if you believe a God exists at all then that means this God is by definition “Something” which means that what you are calling God can’t have come from Nothing. By the same token if we are so complex as to require a creator then the God which is more complex then we are would also have to have a Creator which raises the question who made your God?
Simply put this means your God had to have a Creator and that Creator had to have a Creator and so on infinitely. After all Something can’t come from Nothing.
After all if you go by Quantum Physics what we call nothing isn’t really Nothing but Infinite Quantum Potential. The idea brought forward in M Theory makes far more sense then the whole God notion. That being that there are an Infinite number of Universe bubbles and when two touch they make a Third Universe. Since we do not know how many Universe Bubbles there are it is impossible to say how many exist which can’t support life at all.
About mrgoodnkinkyI am an Atheist / Anti Theist but don’t let the labels fool you I am not one that bows before the pulpit of science / the government. I do my own research and reach my own conclusions based on all available information. I am not someone that will let anyone dictate what thoughts I must have. Atheism / Anti Theism is simply a label I accept because it is easier then giving the speech on what I feel the evidence shows. There is No God in the sense of any magical / mystical physical being. These ideas are delusion / ignorance of the historical evidence. I have reached the point in my life where I am going to resist negative thoughts and actions as much as I can. I am open to Evidence but opposed to bullshit and scare tactics.
Posted on May 6, 2012, in 4th Dimension, Atheism / Anti Theism, Christianity, God, Islam, Muslims, Mystical, Mythology, Religion, Science and tagged Aliens, Atheism, Atheist, Belief, Bible, Catholic, Christianity, Evidence, Faith, Fantasies, God, Islam, Jesus, Logic, Metaphysics, Proof, Quantum Physics, Reality, Reason, Religion, Source, Universe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.