10 Deep Questions for Everyone
Posted by mrgoodnkinky
Since the most popular post for me so far has been my follow-up to the 10 questions I want to see how this one goes. These questions by their very nature are much deeper in thought.
The purpose of these questions is to provoke you to thinking on a deeper level. Perhaps on a deeper level then you have ever thought before. I realize the religious will try to answer these from the mindset of their religious beliefs. However they are phrased in a way as to make quoting from a bible or a so-called holy book difficult if not impossible.
Just saying well the bible says so is really not an answer. The reason the bible says so is not an answer is no Christian, Muslim or Jew would accept, “Well this is what the Sumerians or Egyptians wrote so that proves it is true.”
Since no Christian would accept as fact the claims of another religion because it is what their book says then you can’t use that as evidence for what you believe. To try to do this is trying to have a double standard. While you may like your double standard because it benefits you there is no logical reason why anyone else should like your double standard.
If you as a Christian, Muslim or Jew want to use your so-called holy book as evidence then you must first provide reasons why that holy book is reliable evidence. It is important to realize Circular Reasoning doesn’t prove your claim. Here is an example of Circular reasoning.
1. How did the Universe come into being? (Be as Specific as Possible)
2. How did Life on this Planet begin? (Be as Specific as Possible)
3. How did Human Life begin? (Be as Specific as Possible)
4. Do you accept the possibility of Aliens having been on Earth in the Ancient world?
5. Define as clearly as you can what you believe God would be like. What makes something a God?
6. What matters most in life the beliefs people have about a God or how they treat each other & live their life?
7. Since Life is not based on All or Nothing why should an afterlife be based on All or Nothing? (For Atheists Assume for the moment an afterlife does exist)
8. Do you accept the idea presented by Quantum Physics of Multiple Dimensions? That there are 10+ Dimensions?
9. Is there anything someone could say that would convince you their religion or lack there of is true?
10. Why should anyone believe in your religion or lack there of?
Bonus Question: What is the Meaning of Life? Not just your personal life but all life.
This last is completely subjective and is intended only to get you to think about the grand picture of life.
About mrgoodnkinkyI am an Atheist / Anti Theist but don’t let the labels fool you I am not one that bows before the pulpit of science / the government. I do my own research and reach my own conclusions based on all available information. I am not someone that will let anyone dictate what thoughts I must have. Atheism / Anti Theism is simply a label I accept because it is easier then giving the speech on what I feel the evidence shows. There is No God in the sense of any magical / mystical physical being. These ideas are delusion / ignorance of the historical evidence. I have reached the point in my life where I am going to resist negative thoughts and actions as much as I can. I am open to Evidence but opposed to bullshit and scare tactics.
Posted on April 9, 2012, in 4th Dimension, Atheism / Anti Theism, Christianity, God, Islam, Muslims, Mystical, Mythology, Questions, Religion, Satanism, Science, Society and tagged Afterlife, Aliens, Atheism, Atheist, Belief, Bible, Catholic, Christianity, Consciousness, Dimension, Dimensions, Evidence, Faith, Fantasies, God, Islam, Jesus, Logic, Metaphysics, Proof, Quantum Physics, Reality, Reason, Religion, Source, String Theory, Universe. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.